By: Special to The Laredo Sun
Title X Family Planning Women’s services, is now available to assist. If you qualify, services are free or at a reduced cost for annual check-ups (to assure healthy outcomes for women) and Family Planning (to assure that every woman safeguards her health and chooses when to get pregnant).
Whether couples are thinking about getting pregnant for the first time or you already have children, the City of Laredo Health Department (CLHD) offers family planning so that women (couples) can make an informed decision for their reproductive choice.
Women and their partners can choose the appropriate contraception for them (birth control pills, contraceptive injections, implants or an intrauterine device, condoms, vasectomy or tubal ligation).
Family planning can also help you with preconception (pregnancy) planning. Partners/men play an important role and we offer family planning methods and education for males as well.
The CLHD’s Family Planning services are confidential and low-cost for both females and males to help with their reproductive health needs to promote positive birth outcomes and healthy families.
Family Planning Clinic Hours
Tuesday and Thursdays 5:00 – 7:00 pm
Friday 1-5 pm
You can also call for an appointment for other times.
Family Planning Services Available:
· Health check-up & physical exam, follow-up medical care and referrals;
· Birth control education and methods (pills, IUC, condoms, injectables etc.);
· Natural family planning;
· Lab tests for cervical cancer (pap smears), sexually transmitted diseases (STD), HIV, diabetes, and anemia, pregnancy testing etc.;
· Treatment for STDs & urinary infections;
· Abstinence education and methods;
· Pre-Conception Counseling (Planning for having a healthy pregnancy);
· Nutritional counseling; and
· Infertility Counseling (Help when having difficulty getting pregnant).
For more information about family planning services you can visit the CLHD Family Planning clinic or call Dr. Zaida Gonzalez, Health Educator Supervisor, at (956) 795-4918 or call the clinic at 795-4910.